Clutch your pearls - fashion. A spoonful of sugar - food. Raise your glasses - drink. Getting square eyes - television, the big screen. Singin' a song of sixpence - music.

Wednesday 3 October 2012

little things: the first (in which she tries an introduction, and messes up a cake)

I've had many blogs here and there, some private diaries for no ones eyes, some a little soapbox to stand on, some a place to girlishly giggle over this film, or that actor. So here goes another - hopefully one that has a little more success.

As far as first posts go, this one will be pitifully short! A little while ago, I tried my hand at making a classic Victoria sponge - except I rather forgot the baking powder. Blasted recipes, always requiring the ingredients to be so exact. I forged ahead anyway, and despite the sponge being decidedly flat, I improvised.

As I live on my own, and I was not certain I wanted to take in a potentially horrific disaster into work, I halved all the ingredients listed - which, by the way, still made more than one person could possibly eat.


As you can see, it is rather un-spongelike

Still, no great loss! I whipped up a little buttercream (using Pure, a dairy-free sunflower spread - not my best idea as it wound up tasting a little odd) and used fresh strawberries rather than jam, which I don't normally eat. The result was a nice enough treat - a little stodgy and heavy, but satisfied the sugar craving that started the whole thing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 the little things, a big world, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena