Clutch your pearls - fashion. A spoonful of sugar - food. Raise your glasses - drink. Getting square eyes - television, the big screen. Singin' a song of sixpence - music.

Wednesday 17 October 2012

little things: the third (in which she went to york at the weekend and had a musical overload)

Saturday dawned a surprisingly sunny day, so I popped into York - a beautiful city that's 45 minutes away on the train from the parish town I live in. 

(One of these days, I will stop using my phone as a camera and get a proper camera to use, I swear.)


The view from the bridge.

The first order of business for me by the time I was in the city centre was to find the nearest Starbucks to buy a pumpkin spice latte - my first ever! It wasn't as wonderful as I had expected - from the way Americans and Canadians go on about this seasonal Starbucks drink, you would think it tasted like manna from heaven. Having said that, it wasn't awful - in fact, it was very nice and a perfect autumn drink to sit with for a while.

There seemed to be a veritable variety of music available for those in town on the day! 


Darn it, would you believe I had deleted my photo of the name of this band and the charity it stands for?





I really enjoyed The Buffalo Skinners, great live, energetic, charismatic and looked as if they'd just stepped out of the seventies. Had an overly affectionate wasp not tried to make sweet love to me, I could have stayed there forever listening to them play! As it was, I managed to stay for a good fifteen minutes before admitting defeat.

What goodies did I come away with from this trip? Two jumpers, neither of which are anything remotely flattering to a petite figure but are warm and comfortable for winter, two Betty's fondant fancies (a word of advice, if you don't care for waiting in the long queue for the big Betty's Team Room in the square, head to the one on Stonegate, which is a little quieter), and some chocolate from York Cocoa House.


I love Betty's fondant fancies, they are incredibly sweet (and thus, not normally something I eat much of), but each mouthful is like a little bit of pure happiness. Of course, by the time I got home to take a picture of the two cheery cakes, one of them had had enough of being in my bag.


Whoops.

1 comments:

Smile With Your Tail said...

Firtly, Oh my gosh those cakes. I NEED one again...even though it is squished. and secondly you lasted 15 mins with an amorous wasp? Bravo friend, bravo <3

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 the little things, a big world, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena